Saturday, March 19, 2022

19 March 2022 (7 years, 2 months, 28 days after The Day)

 Today started off with me hearing a loud sound in the house.  I got up around 6am to discover.... nothing. I had a meeting with my group at school at 8am so I went to brush up on assignment and get things going. Everyone here has been dealing with the flu and while I am not symptomatic the irritation that Claire has because of her being sick is wearing on everyone's nerves.  I feel bad for her and don't know how to help her.  She argues about every single thing and blows the smallest things out of proportion.  I think she was just tired and hungry but it is taxing on everyone's nerves.  Samantha and I went grocery shopping and restocked on everything.  By the time grocery shopping, my class work and assignments for school, and getting the kids settled, Samantha and I found ourselves on a date.  Indian food.  It was so good.  I think I could be a blind man pointing at the menu and enjoy whatever they bring.  We really enjoyed it.  


I reflected on something today... the value of being present.  I have often tried to maximize the time I have doing many things at once.  This has led to my attention being spread across many activities and no single one has my full attention.  It has taken me a very long time to learn this lesson that there is value in being present.  Suffice it to say I am striving to turn over a new leaf and just be present.  I have been rude to others by multitasking and I am striving to start anew.


I'm so very tired tonight.  I'm calling it a night.  Until later -