Tuesday, March 15, 2022

15 March 2022 (7 years, 2 months, 24 days after The Day)

 So today I learned how to patch a tire.  Specifically I used a product to insert a plug into a flat so it technically isn't a patch but suffice it to say now that I have done this I feel comfortable putting a plug into any type of flat tire that has a nail in it or something.  


After this was done I removed the brake calipers and put grease on the backs of the brake pads.  I changed the rotors and pads a while back but was out of grease so they have been squeaking like mad.  The van literally sounded like the brakes on a city bus.  I just needed to get in there and do it but I was putting it off because I didn't have a jack that was easy to operate and I didn't have an impact gun for the tires.  So after an hour I was able to hit all four tires.... no more squeaking (hopefully).  Getting up and down for all that has me so sore.

I got my first quiz and group assignment back from my micro economics class... I got a 100% on both.  I am so happy that I feel like I am learning the material and that the professor isn't attempting to fail everyone with trick questions.  I enjoy learning so this is a plus.

A neighbor of mine had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago.  It was one that most people don't survive yet he was able to.  I told him he still had something to accomplish for him to live through something like that.  Medical emergencies are so unsettling.  I'm so happy he was able to survive it and thank God for modern medicine!

I have been trying to sleep more than 6-7 hours a night.  So far that has proved difficult but it is something I am striving for.  I need to find a better balance for my school/work/life juggle.  I went to the doctor a few weeks back and he noted that lack of sleep can make everything so much worse and that sleep is the number one thing that you can do to help yourself.  For me, I need to figure out how to sleep more.

This blog entry seems to be a set of things done and not much of me talking.  Maybe I am just tired.  Until later -