Friday, December 31, 2021

31 December 2021 (7 years, 11 days after The Day)

 So today I took Madilyn and Ammon to see Spiderman - No Way Home.  We left about an hour early due to the snow and bad road conditions.  We got there early.  It was in one of these new theaters with seats that are like recliners.  It was a good show.  There were some scenes that triggered some tough memories - in that there is a scene when someone dies and it was very hard to watch.  After the movie we stopped by the UPS store to return some stuff I got on Amazon that didn't work but they had already closed for the day.  We then went by the grocery store and picked up some food for dinner.  I'm sure all the kids will be seeing in the new year.  I am going to be finishing up my course online prior to orientation on Monday so yay for me.

Speaking of the course online.  I am very disappointed.  Remember back in the 80s when there were slide projectors that the teacher would use that would show a picture of a dinosaur or something and then the teacher would play the tape that went with the slide or they just used it as a lecture point?  Well - that is what this course is like.  Instead of using modern technology they throw up formulas that you really need someone to walk you through to ensure you get it but they gloss over why the formula is setup the way it is.  It also doesn't help that the dialog for the formulas sounds like it is coming from this guy.


When the dust settles I find myself supplementing the instruction with YouTube videos from the Organic Chemistry Tutor.  They are very good and an A+ to this guy to put these together.  So far, the formula is:

course content + YouTube = Cognition


So - I am off to study.