Monday, September 28, 2020

28 September 2020 (5 years, 9 months, 9 days after The Day)

 Today, Samantha and I dropped off Alex at the Airport.  He had a 3 hour flight to Washington DC to start the 1st leg of his mission.  I found this difficult.  The time with Emma Jane before she married was quick. The time with Dylan before he left was a bit longer but the time with Alex gave me an him an opportunity to get to know one another.  Today it was tough wishing him well and seeing him off at the airport.  I hope he is able to get acclimated to the work and lose himself in it.  

With Alex moved out the house is just different.  Madilyn worked tonight so it was just me, Samantha, Ammon and Claire.  We had dinner and it was just so very different without everyone else in the house.  I suppose this will be the new normal.  That phrase is irritating to me because I am not one to embrace change.  I find it difficult at times to accept a new reality.  

The pandemic has introduced new challenges at work.  I think working from home is an adjustment for anyone.   I suppose this too is the "new normal".  

I baked some cookies tonight.  They will go in the mail tomorrow to Dylan for his birthday.  Samantha used a vacuum sealer on them and .... now they are a brick cookie.  She asked if I thought that was ok.  I told her I think it will taste the same.

Anyway - this new atmosphere here in the house is going to take a moment to adjust to.  I suppose Samantha and I were just accustomed to loud teenagers in the house.  

Until later -