Tuesday, October 30, 2018

30 October 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 11 days after The Day)

So today was "just another day".  I had an interesting experience earlier today.  I walked into my bedroom and could have sworn that I saw my black cat sleeping on some freshly laundered and folded clothes (typical).  The challenge with this is my cat passed away shortly after Jan died.  With Penny's death so recent I am thinking about all the pets I have had over the years.  I grew up with Great Danes at my dad's home and a mutt (small dog) at my mom's home.  I wonder if our pets hang out with us after they die.  When my little black cat died I was in the house but not by her.  I knew she was not well and it was a matter of time (hours or days) before she passed.  I was writing in this blog (I believe) and I swore I saw my cat walk toward me from the other side of the house in my peripheral vision.  The cat was walking without any issue so I knew something was off.  I blinked and the cat was gone.  I jumped up and went to where I saw my cat walk from and found her dead.  (The post from that time was 27 June 2015 (189 days after The Day))  From that moment I have thought our pets perhaps hang out for a while.  Seeing my cat today made me laugh that even in the after-life my cat is laying on clothes that are clean.  In a way I felt like our pets still stay around.  I have felt that way about Jan from time to time and that brings me comfort that she is experiencing our kids growing up.  I still get frustrated that I have to teach my kids to drive.  :-|

Anyway - So while it is on the eve of Halloween and I didn't intend to share a "ghost story", I felt this one was sweet and made me smile.