Sunday, August 11, 2024

11 Aug 2024 (9 years, 7 months, 23 days after The Day)

 So - another entry for the book.  A bunch has happened and yet a lame entry awaits your eyes.  My eldest biological daughter (Emma) is returning from Alaska this week.  I am excited to have her home.  She has been doing summer sales there and it has been an experience.  Everything is so expensive.  There are so many stories and yet, my lame entry is this paragraph - for now.  I am getting her vehicle ready to get back to her.  It has been parked while she has been away.  I am almost finished with it.

Claire is going to be starting the 4th grade soon.  That is a tough realization.  It is amazing how quickly kids grow.  Speaking of growing, my goodness is she growing.  She is as tall as a 12 year old but she is not 12.  Ammon, on the other hand, has been growing so much that he and I do see eye to eye now.  We are about an inch off.  I'm 6'2" and he is 6'1" the last I measured.  So, it is humbling to have a kid get that tall.  We got him some converse shoes for school and he opted for getting some that have dinosaurs on them.  Yes, you read that correctly.  He makes me laugh.  Like really laugh hard.

I'm juggling some work projects and so is Samantha.  I'm still mowing on the weekends and my energy has been taxed of late.  More on that later.  I have been so fortunate to have been able to spend so much time with my kiddos.  Alex and I evicted like 50 wasps from the car that was parked that Madilyn drove that Ammon will be driving soon.  We washed the cars and it was crazy getting the bugs off.  I just cannot believe how many bugs there are here in Utah.  The grasshoppers are insane.  When I mow I feel like Moses parting the grasshoppers as they jump out of the way.  There are hundreds.  It is crazy.  

I'm sure there will be more later - as a parting thought.  Always be thankful for today because you never know the news of tomorrow.