Thursday, April 22, 2021

22 April 2021 (6 years, 4 months, 2 days after The Day)

Cookies



Apparently my family likes it when I make them.  Madilyn wanted to make ice cream sandwiches and needed some cookies for the bread.  I told them I was out of butter and chocolate chips.  Both Samantha and Madilyn went to the store to get them and now we have cookies.  I just follow the recipe on the Nestle bag but everyone likes them.  Who knows.

I have been juggling a huge project at work and it has consumed my thinking.  We have the go-live of this project set for next Wednesday and I am working to ensure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.  There are enough moving pieces that it makes me a bit anxious to ensure everything is ok.  It always works out but the process is always entertaining to say the least.  We have the next project hot on its heals so there is no rest for the weary.

I setup the bed in Madilyn's room for Emma's return.  It is crazy to think she has finished her first year at college.  I see all my kids getting older and it is so weird to see myself age in the process.  

I watched the movie Yesterday with Samantha yesterday and really enjoyed it.  It was a cute film.  We had a date at Samantha's parents home to get away from everyone while her parents were out of town.  We ate takeout and watched a movie.  It was nice to get away.  We snagged a few other DVDs from there to enjoy here.  

Well - everyone is wanting cookies so I need to run.  Until later -