Tuesday, February 23, 2016

23 Feb 2016 (1 yr 68 days after The Day)

So today I did something I thought was going to be no big deal... well - that isn't entirely true.  I decided to disconnect Jan's mobile phone.  I got her voicemail greeting and cleaned out her voicemail messages.  I then searched on Verizon's site on where to cancel service.  They do not have a place to do this online so I had to call.  I called and spoke to a person who initially wanted to convince me to stay until I told them why I was disconnecting.  She then noted that there hasn't been much activity and that she was sorry for my loss.  Overall I just had to listen to her feel bad for me which in a weird way made me feel all the pain all over again.  I found out that even though the pain isn't unrelenting as it was when I lost her the pain has lost none of its potency.  Grief sucks.